Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you doing now ?

Yes the GW stuff is the only snow I have.

I didn't know about the paste thing - could you be more specific as to what to do?

Squeeze a really small piece of pva glue onto your paint mixing board and add the snow little by little, stirring and mixing when you have a runny paste place it and let it dry. Then paint over with PVA and dust with flock.

[Image: feb022.jpg]

Same principle here plus white crystal/granite stone from Homebase. You don't need to buy any it's usually lying lose somewhere.
No battle plan survives contact with dice smilie

AKA/Mark Foulds

Oh wow, OK I'll give that a try this evening.

Oh hey, I sent an email to PSC and got a very quick apologetic reply saying that the D Day sale had cleared them out of Panzer IVs and so they were hoping to get restocked this week. I replied saying I was happy with getting STUGs if they thought the delay would go on longer than that.

Different way for the snow effect is to mix PVA with white colour and to put the GW snow flock on top before it dries. Worked out nicely for me :-)

I game because I am happy- I am happy because I game - it's a vicious cycle!

My Blog for the 15mm WW2 enthusiasts

OK experimenting with it and deciding I never want to try doing snow again. =-P

===

I had an optician's appointment this morning, was a little worried about something but it's nothing and thankfully they say my eyes are healthy and fine for driving etc. It's in Henley and whilst walking back to the car I discovered a NEW TEA SHOP called Upstairs, Downstairs.

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/new...id=1431367

And all the money flew out of my wallet. :-X

They only just opened at the end of last year - but it was a very pleasant surprise to find them. They have a 1930s tea room upstairs as well. One day when a friend visits I will take them there and have period drama type tea and imagine I'm in a Paul Temple radio play.

===

Just got a pair of emails, my PSC order and my magnetic bases order just got despatched today, hurrah!

Painting another wall, Doh!

Friendly plumber coming to move a radiator on Tuesday so last Monday a painting schedule was planned so the radiator could be put on a freshly painted wall and I wouldn't have to struggle to paint behind it - Available times 17:00-24:00 (or later as required).

Monday move bookcases, fill and prep walls etc.
Tuesday two coats of emulsion to wall - bye bye chocolate.
Wednesday two coats of emulsion to wall over fireplace.
Thursday coving and skirting/door frames painted
Am encouraged to go to Madgamers
Saturday repainted woodwork and also painted door twice
+ new door furniture - probably need a third coat to one side of door.
But paint free Sunday planned.
Saturday night discussion as a result the planned move of a radiator to wall 'A' stopped, request from management to have the radiator on wall 'B'.

This wall is still unpainted and so needs painting before radiator fitted on Tuesday.

So will now be painting Sunday. Project 'X' I wish still on project 'A' version 3.
Colour only just agreed, away we go.
No battle plan survives contact with dice smilie

AKA/Mark Foulds

(06-29-2014, 11:06 AM)Dranask Wrote: Painting another wall, Doh!

Friendly plumber coming to move a radiator on Tuesday so last Monday a painting schedule was planned so the radiator could be put on a freshly painted wall and I wouldn't have to struggle to paint behind it - Available times 17:00-24:00 (or later as required).

Monday move bookcases, fill and prep walls etc.
Tuesday two coats of emulsion to wall - bye bye chocolate.
Wednesday two coats of emulsion to wall over fireplace.
Thursday coving and skirting/door frames painted
Am encouraged to go to Madgamers
Saturday repainted woodwork and also painted door twice
+ new door furniture - probably need a third coat to one side of door.
But paint free Sunday planned.
Saturday night discussion as a result the planned move of a radiator to wall 'A' stopped, request from management to have the radiator on wall 'B'.

This wall is still unpainted and so needs painting before radiator fitted on Tuesday.

So will now be painting Sunday. Project 'X' I wish still on project 'A' version 3.
Colour only just agreed, away we go.

smilie

Went over to mothers yesterday for a "spot" of gardening. This involved a complete make over for front and back gardens involving lawn mowers and hedge trimmers (a flamethrower and machete would have been useful). The triffid jungle that I was confronted by was dually hacked back until I managed "light sabre" like, to cut through the hedge trimmer cord. Grinding halt to Operation "Bramble Buster" buttressed by turn in weather conditions from Sunny to Hammering Rain.

Fixed cord, by utilising previous repair, but then discovered Mum had no 3 Amp fuses. Plan only 50% realised. Good enough I thought, return home for Gin and Tonics, battle reports and movies. A most satisfactory day. Big Grin

PS Car now inhabited by Insects of all Species having transferred "brambles" to local dump.
Chris

"from mud, through blood to the green fields beyond..."
Brigadier General Hugh Elles

Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon