Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix this cock up?

After spending ages prepping my LOTR models, I just went out to the shed to go over them with the grey spray paint I got from GW.

Well, apparently, the non black and white colours that GW have are not actually primers like the Army Painter or other brand ones are.

They are still meant to be sprayed over primer.

So now I have 10 infantry and 6 cavalry which look ok to the naked eye but I'm googling and getting mixed answers from people who say it will peel and others saying it's fine.

Urgh.  Any suggestions what to do?  If I have to strip these or rebase them or something I will cry.

Ben, the grey under cost is absolutely fine. I have used it before and it wirken good for me.

I game because I am happy- I am happy because I game - it's a vicious cycle!

My Blog for the 15mm WW2 enthusiasts

Really? That gives me some hope...

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Cit...ndard-Grey

^ Did you use one like this?

No, it was an older can from GW. Maybe it was the same content, but it surely was not that can.

I game because I am happy- I am happy because I game - it's a vicious cycle!

My Blog for the 15mm WW2 enthusiasts

Considering the rubbish I spray on mine, little of it actually a primer I wouldn't worry.
No battle plan survives contact with dice smilie

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

Ditto.... I'm currently using pound shop stuff as an experiment!
'I rode a tank, held a Generals rank, when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank'

Pound shop sell spray cans?! Blimey pound shop have everything!

After leaving them for 24 hours - the paint seems to be adhering like primer to the models, foremost the plastic and resin ones.

I think I might strip the metal knights on foot as there's only 5 of them. I'm considering buying a matt white Army Painter spray. My Dol Amroth guys are all going to be on pale stone bases and will be blue, white and pale metal so lighter colours makes sense.

I always do several layers of the Vallejo Matt Varnish when I finish a model so I guess that would help.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon