Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular games Days

Silly question, do you want me to organise a regular monthly gaming day?

Do you want me to always do it on a Sunday or to alternate between Saturday and Sunday?
Sometimes other bookings will affect the location and like the NMCC we might get bumped, but I should know well in advance and we can always use a classroom.

1) As it is at school, in theory I must attend, as it is me, ergo a school event and therefore insurance issues covered. 
    I am also being granted a favour by the Head..
2) Traditionally I find wife happier if I'm available for shopping Saturday.
3) The school hall was used by a dance class on Saturday, but is currently free.
4) I have keys to school so am not reliant on 3rd party to open close.

Sunday = Studio; Sunny, well lit, warm   - early start to get parking (Mass)
Saturday = School Hall; little natural light, colder. - Parking easier  (No Mass)

Access to both will be from the rear playground where we can park.
I will also always plan to be there from 09:00 so as to avoid Mass on Sundays and OFC earlier we start more game time.

In order to do this we need a supply of boards at the school (Denis is also prepared to keep some at his home.)
We have 6 of 2'x4' at school.

We will also have to remember to bring the club scenery down for the day unless we know we have enough of our own.

We do have access to 2 large and 1 small trestle tables and lots of lower octagonal tables and plenty of chairs.
We could also use the 12 seat dinner tables as before.

Do we want other non-members to join in on these days?

I don't see why not, however remember the head is doing me a personal favour, therefore things mustn't get out of hand. 
So not open doors, ticket only so to speak, i.e. non-MadGamers (non-forum members) must be invited or advised that if they want to come it is ticket only.

Paul; I'm happy for you to open this up to Old Hammer players, I assume they will have terrain.
Will;  I'm happy for this to be an open event - I realise this is an effort to increase membership 
No battle plan survives contact with dice smilie

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

Does it have to stay on a Sunday?
Can it be a Saturday?

because there is a group of players who have been to the tournaments I have run and they have invited me to join them in the new narrative tournament, and they are looking for somewhere warmer than a garage?

Dranask Wrote:1) As it is at school, in theory I should attend, as it is me, ergo a school event and therefore insurance etc ignored.
2) Traditionally I find wife happier if I'm available for shopping Saturday.
3) The hall is used by a dance class on Saturday, so if we were to go on a Saturday we would probably have to have a classroom.

All that said, how many? How often.

5-6 players and as and when they can get a location.  Sundays do sound better though Smile
Have you finalised the next date yet?

(10-17-2016, 06:36 PM)Dranask Wrote: In all seriousness, I would be happy to do a monthly event, or maybe a 6 week cycle i.e. 2 times in three months.
I can prebook, but like the NMCC we would have to accept using a classroom on the odd occasion.

Do you have a preference at the moment?

For me, not a Sunday, but that is just personal, I could maybe play for 4 hours on a Sunday until about Lunchtime then I would have to head off.

Quote:Keith: I will delete this post if you think I have covered all your points in the above post.

"We call it the Andrex Premiership, because it is soft and unnecessarily expensive" L. Daglallio

?Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define interesting?
Wash: Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die??

That's all cool by me, Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions

Invite by ticket? how do we do this? and what do we charge?
"We call it the Andrex Premiership, because it is soft and unnecessarily expensive" L. Daglallio

?Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define interesting?
Wash: Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die??

Quote:Silly question, do you want me to organise a regular monthly gaming day?

Yes, please. In hope of being able to take advantage of it. However, there is more chance of this, than getting down on a Friday (and once every other month probably).

Keith he does not mean an actual ticket, he just means no open door to every Tom, Dick and Harry that's  looking for a cheap venue, so no mates of a mate of a mate gate crashers . If you invite them you are effectively endorsing them as responsible human beings (you know, the ones who can piss into a toilet bowl accurately and clean up after themselves, if they use the facilities)  thus  people you would have in your home.  If they "misbehave" you take responsibility, and if they do something to bring the club name into disrepute you get to tell them they are not welcome. Simples.

Hang on a minute, we are talking about wargamers, silly me. Make it ticket only.
Chris

"from mud, through blood to the green fields beyond..."
Brigadier General Hugh Elles

Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Alright, sounds good! I am wondering if this is a regular even that is open to non-members then it is something that we can start to advertise online.

Also we can specify certain dates for an "open day". So for example we would print out a bunch of flyers saying madgamers free open-day on saturday playing saga/x-wing/40k etc... on the 21st at xyz date. Please email admin@madgamers.co.uk to confirm attendance etc...

Yeah!! I'm up for it (boarder control permitting).

@Tallyho Chris: sounds like a big game of Rapid Fire to me :-)

I game because I am happy- I am happy because I game - it's a vicious cycle!

My Blog for the 15mm WW2 enthusiasts

By ticket.

Advertise as you like on FB Will, but they don't come unless the tell us they are coming, no on spec visits.

@Tallyho you are thinking of the 'armpit' brigade, they would be refused or placed outside downwind of us. Smile

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

(10-18-2016, 04:49 PM)Chris Wrote: Yeah!! I'm up for it (boarder control permitting).

@Tallyho Chris: sounds like a big game of Rapid Fire to me :-)

Yes Chris, that's the intention, among other things Icon_twisted
Chris

"from mud, through blood to the green fields beyond..."
Brigadier General Hugh Elles

Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Ok
Roughly every four weeks or every six?

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

Any more Saturday is easier players?

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

Either day is fine but if I was to choose, Sunday would be better.
'I rode a tank, held a Generals rank, when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank'

+1 for Sunday too

(10-18-2016, 02:50 PM)william martin Wrote: Alright, sounds good!  I am wondering if this is a regular even that is open to non-members then it is something that we can start to advertise online.

Also we can specify certain dates for an "open day". So for example we would print out a bunch of flyers saying madgamers free open-day on saturday  playing saga/x-wing/40k etc...   on the 21st at xyz date. Please email admin@madgamers.co.uk to confirm attendance etc...

I would suggest we advertise on our FB page and in the various links you have created.

Say - Madgamers. games day at school in Maidenhead 09:30 - 16:00, numbers limited.
Advise them they need to be added to our FB page so we can communicate with them, they can then state their request to join there. 
We can then PM them to confirm location in Maidenhead before they decide.

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

Yup, good idea.

Right thinking about this a monthly games maybe be too many and for some once every two months too few.

I've come up with a 6 week plan, which will give us nine games days a year.

These are the suggested days.
I've avoided bank holidays and August
If they clash with a show please let me know.
Comments appreciated as I want as many of us to attend each day as is possible.
All I'm doing is organising a fixed venue/date, what we do is entirely up to you.
Equally they can be moved and if required can do a complete rethink and just do bi-monthly (Jan/Mch/May/July/Sep/Nov say 2nd or 3rd week)
If a number of us want to play on a Saturday rather than a Sunday on one of these weekends I can move it, but we may be playing in a classroom rather than the studio, not the end of the world.

January 8th
February 12th
March 26th
May 7th
June 18th
July 30th
September 10th
October 22nd
December 3rd

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...