Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New friday night darts club = Cancelled dates

What about church halls? Might be cheaper? but no beer
"We call it the Andrex Premiership, because it is soft and unnecessarily expensive" L. Daglallio

?Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define interesting?
Wash: Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die??

(09-07-2016, 08:54 AM)Kurrelgyre Wrote: What about church halls?  Might be cheaper?  but no beer

But free sacramental wine!

(09-07-2016, 09:20 AM)william martin Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 08:54 AM)Kurrelgyre Wrote: What about church halls?  Might be cheaper?  but no beer

But free sacramental wine!

Tanstaafl you have to be confirmed other payments have to be considered.
No battle plan survives contact with dice smilie

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

(09-06-2016, 05:52 PM)Dranask Wrote: My thoughts if the club can't find new premises.

Not sure there is any point in amalgamation.

smilie  smilie  smilie

We could all agree to join the same club.

smilie  smilie  smilie

We will probably go in different directions.

smilie smilie smilie  

Some may just end up playing at home.

smilie   smilie   smilie

Keep the forum going and turn into a monthly Saturday or Sunday gaming club, using the school or some other location (scouts etc)

smilie smilie smilie  smilie smilie smilie  smilie smilie smilie  smilie smilie smilie

oh wait…. smilie

smilie smilie smilie
Chris

"from mud, through blood to the green fields beyond..."
Brigadier General Hugh Elles

Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

The problem we have though is that we don't make enough money to be able to afford the rent of the places in question. Tbh the only realistic options we have is to
A) disband
B) merge
C) carry on using the nights that are free (whether it be Thursday's or Friday's ) and supliment the days that are not free with playing at people's houses etc

None are ideal and I really hope we can find somewhere.
Having a bar is in no way a priority.

Another option might be to meet monthly at the scout hut or school.

I will be putting feelers out to see if there is anywhere within our price range once we have decided what people are comfortable with paying.
'I rode a tank, held a Generals rank, when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank'

Called in at Longridge this afternoon, will call their head office tomorrow to get details.

Monday - High Wycombe or the other maidenhead club - don't know.
Tuesday - Bourne End - don't know
Wednesday Reading - annual nominal fee
Thursday - Beaconsfield - free
Friday Abingdon - don't know

Will call at the pub on the way home to chat on Friday.

Paul / Golgfag1

smilie

Looking at all these locations around the area, the hall hire has one thing in common every time, it's a one off hire.
Maybe as we will be asking for weekly hire they could come down on the price, in addition if we give way to a big paying client on Friday nights like we do at NMCC it could benefit us in our searches?
"We call it the Andrex Premiership, because it is soft and unnecessarily expensive" L. Daglallio

?Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define interesting?
Wash: Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die??

it sounds like we need an EGM after the chat on friday to look over options ?

I have sent an email to St. Luke's Community Hall in Maidenhead letting them know that it is a regular club we hold. Will let you know their response.

Wagon and horses tonight at say 8? Who's up for it?
'I rode a tank, held a Generals rank, when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank'

Yes
Chris

"from mud, through blood to the green fields beyond..."
Brigadier General Hugh Elles

Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words "I have a cunning plan" marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Yup, see you there.

Will be there

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

A Call for calm

Back in the past we met at Maidenhead football club.
We left there when we were told by ME that the club didn't want us and that Ray and Pat were going.
In fact the case was Pat & Ray were leaving and the Football club was still interested.
We moved too quickly.

Let's not do this again.
Fridays aren't to bad when you look at the list of the next 10 potential dates we are only blocked from 3 and TBH on occasion we have had to cancel at times because of low numbers, so a reduced number of meeting dates might make more come on the days we can play.

Whilst it is important to seek new venues, we don't actually have to make that decision for a while.

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

(09-09-2016, 09:22 AM)Dranask Wrote: A Call for calm

Back in the past we met at Maidenhead football club.
We left there when we were told by ME that the club didn't want us and that Ray and Pat were going.
In fact the case was Pat & Ray were leaving and the Football club was still interested.
We moved too quickly.

Let's not do this again.
Fridays aren't to bad when you look at the list of the next 10 potential dates we are only blocked from 3 and TBH on occasion we have had to cancel at times because of low numbers, so a reduced number of meeting dates might make more come on the days we can play.

Whilst it is important to seek new venues, we don't actually have to make that decision for a while.

Agreed

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon