Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New friday night darts club = Cancelled dates

Just a thought, Promethean Games has recently closed and the owner is trying to promote gaming at a new location off his own back at Bracknell Methodist church, it's about 30 minutes from NMCC. If we want to "Ride the Tide" with NMCC we could go there on the nights we loose out. cost is £3 a night and similar times to what we are used to.

Just a discussion point for Friday, there are cons. distance being 1 of them. 30 mins further away away for anyone north of NMCC and longer journey times for all of us being the kicker
"We call it the Andrex Premiership, because it is soft and unnecessarily expensive" L. Daglallio

?Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define interesting?
Wash: Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die??

(09-05-2016, 08:46 PM)Void Spinner Wrote: I am looking through various village halls etc. and I must admit I am not seeing prices which warm my heart.  £14 an hour after 6pm for Pinder Hall in Cookham...

£80+ for the memorial hall in Old Windsor, and that was a few years ago.

Old Windsor club, if I can renew my membership £50, otherwise £200
"We call it the Andrex Premiership, because it is soft and unnecessarily expensive" L. Daglallio

?Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define interesting?
Wash: Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die??

Owch, I think for me the Bracknell Church is too far for me to travel.
@Mark Were there other days that are free at the NMCC and so we could move our gamesnight?

Part of the reason I would like to pop into the club on Friday is to see how much space they take up and whether or not we can fit in around them (either in the main hall or changing rooms).
The other thing I want to look at is whether it's a summer league or winter (guessing it's a winter), make ourselves known and to just have a chat with the teams captain
'I rode a tank, held a Generals rank, when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank'

@Russ:

I think this is just us being pro-active rather than abandoning ship. If we can write an escape plan on the back of a fag packet at least, then it gives us an out.

That is a shame that this chap is shutting up shop. Just looking at his facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/prometheangames...4693029456

Looks like he's starting off with Magic the Gathering. I wonder if he intends to have multiple nights a week like he used to have for different people or put it all in one.

Yeah I don't think it will work with the Dart club there at the same time. @Russ I will send you a message on FB as this is too public.

Ray was of the opinion there was no space for us on a Friday, it is very full.
The changing rooms idea was mooted by me but he says there is no heating.
Yes we could do some Thursdays when the Thursday league is not play on the Thursday their Friday league is playing the next day.

I'm not saying we should move on.
However on discussion with Ray when they get established on Friday league they will probably have a second team and then it will severely restrict our activities.
So I'd say our days are numbered.

@ Keith That may be an alternate.

The problem is we are very unlikely to find any where as cheap, we have been lucky to get away with it this long.

Other places will probably want to charge us the amount per hour we currently pay per night.
No battle plan survives contact with dice smilie

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

Ok, wagon and horses on Friday night then!
Is it worth looking at amalgamation ?
'I rode a tank, held a Generals rank, when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank'

Don't forget we need to approach the following locations, which are all in maidenhead.

blandford house
bourne end community center
cricket club at pinkneys green
stluke community hall

My thoughts if the club can't find new premises.

Not sure there is any point in amalgamation.

We could all agree to join the same club.

We will probably go in different directions.

Some may just end up playing at home.

Keep the forum going and turn into a monthly Saturday or Sunday gaming club, using the school or some other location (scouts etc)

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

I think we might struggle to find a venue at the same price we get now.
The Pinkneys cricket club is open every night and has quite a social group that use it regular.
Most town / village halls will be expensive.
Is it worth looking at pubs (we used to meet in the Rose in town)

No harm in looking tho....

Hi All,

I'll try Longridge, they might have facilities available.

Paul / Golgfag1

smilie

(09-06-2016, 06:10 PM)russ Wrote: No harm in looking tho....

None at all.

Worth considering pubs, The Rose was interested becasue of the beer potential.
With less members....

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

The last I heard was that the Rose was closed for refurb!
It may not be an option once it reopens.

which pub and what time !

(09-06-2016, 04:40 PM)russ Wrote: Ok, wagon and horses on Friday night then!
Is it worth looking at amalgamation ?

AKA/Mark Foulds

So now I blog...

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon